Theatre of Pain
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment :
Pokémon EV06 : où acheter le Bundle Lot ...
Voir le deal

Interview: Mötley Crüe Goes 'On the Record'

Interview: Mötley Crüe Goes 'On the Record' Empty Interview: Mötley Crüe Goes 'On the Record'

Message  V!rgin_kill3r Mer 30 Juil - 6:21

This is a rush transcript from "On the Record ," June 23, 2008. This copy may not be in its final form and may be updated.

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, FOX NEWS HOST: Here they are. Vince Neil, Mick Mars, Tommy Lee, and back for an encore performance "On the Record" is Nikki Sixx, who is also the author of "The Heroin Diaries."

Welcome, gentlemen. It is great to have all of you here. Nikki was here alone last time.

NIKKI SIXX, MOTLEY CRUE: I was so sad, I was missing them.

VINCE NEIL, MOTLEY CRUE: We are the rest.

VAN SUSTEREN: I'm delighted. In less than two hours, something happens. Let's tell the audience right now. What is being released in less than two hours?

SIXX: We're announcing our free concert at Madison Square Garden.

NEIL: What?

TOMMY LEE, MOTLEY CRUE: Why not?

SIXX: That is not happening.

VAN SUSTEREN: How about the CD?

NEIL: We have a brand new record, the first one in 11 years, which will be "The Saints of Los Angeles."

SIXX: Yesterday's interview, it was nine years.

NEIL: Nine years, 11 years. We can't count anyway. We did not go to college or anything like that.

SIXX: We did not go to high school.

VAN SUSTEREN: Let's talk about the name, "The Saints of Los Angeles." I did some research, and that wasn't the first title that was suggested. The first title was "The Dirt." How you go from "The Dirt" to "The Saints of Los Angeles"?

SIXX: It didn't have as good a ring. "The Dirt" is our book. We are basing the lyrics on that thematically. But once we got the lyrics done, we had the song, and I do not know. It seemed to make sense.

NEIL: We are the saints of Los Angeles.

VAN SUSTEREN: I do not think there is any doubt. Let me ask a couple of quick questions. Vince, let me go to you. Do you ever feel rusty? As a group, you have not played together in a while.

NEIL: Rusty. I mean, yes, you do have to get the rust off a little bit. It only took us a couple of weeks, really. I had been singing throughout the year, so my chops are there.

It's just getting back together and just remembering stuff. But once it comes back, it came back pretty quick. We had our first concert last night in Montreal, and it was great. Everybody remembered everything. I was proud.

MICK MARS, MOTLEY CRUE: Almost.

VAN SUSTEREN: Mick, you guys never broke up, but you did different things for awhile. Getting back and playing with the other three, hard, or is it just like old times?

MARS: It is just like old times to me. A couple of go out and do some things, like Nikki with "The Heroin Diaries," and Tommy and Vince, and stuff. But we are all still a band, no matter what. We express ourselves in different ways, and then we get back together and go out and make some money.

VAN SUSTEREN: One of the questions I have gotten ask is how did the name "Motley Crue" come about? According to a least one person, there have been multiple stories about how the name "Motley Crue" came to be the name of the band.

MARS: Is there? There's just one that I know of.

VAN SUSTEREN: This blogger thinks there are multiple stories.

LEE: Multiple lies. Get your lies the street. Mick Mars came up with it, right there.

VAN SUSTEREN: Why did you come up with that one, Mick?

MARS: I was playing in a band that was kicking me out. And then they were all doing this other stuff, like jamming in the living room, and the old bass player came in and said "Here is a motley looking crew." I went "That is the name of my band." And I wrote it in 1977 in my diaries.

SIXX: We were not even born yet.

VAN SUSTEREN: And it’s stuck. Tommy Lee, you were in the marching band in high school. You do not seem the marching band type to me.

LEE: Really?

VAN SUSTEREN: How you make the transition from a marching band to Motley Crue?

LEE: It's all drums. I am not really sure what the difference is.

VAN SUSTEREN: You do not think it is unusual to think of you in a high-school marching band?

LEE: It is totally different.

MARS: You weren't the cheerleader.

NEIL: Yes, I was not the cheerleader.

NEIL: He was playing pots and pans when he was little.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right, Nikki, the band has stuck it out for three decades. The CD gets released tonight, and you start tour, the "Crue- fest."

SIXX: We start our first festival, which we are hoping will be an annual event, "Crue-fest." We have five really cool bands on the bill. We're really excited.

VAN SUSTEREN: I hope that all of you come back. The CD gets released at midnight tonight, so be the first to go get it at midnight.

SIXX: Thank you. We do not even have our own CD, everything is so under lock and key now with the Internet so stuff doesn't get out there.

VAN SUSTEREN: I think you can get one. ... Nikki, bring along some other friends next time. Thank you, Motley Crue.

Content and Programming Copyright 2008 FOX News Network, LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Transcription Copyright 2008 Voxant, Inc. (www.voxant.com), which takes sole responsibility for the accuracy of the transcription. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. No license is granted to the user of this material except for the user's personal or internal use and, in such case, only one copy may be printed, nor shall user use any material for commercial purposes or in any fashion that may infringe upon FOX News Network, LLC'S and Voxant, Inc.'s copyrights or other proprietary rights or interests in the material. This is not a legal transcript for purposes of litigation.
V!rgin_kill3r
V!rgin_kill3r
Admin
Admin

https://theatreofpain.forum-actif.net

Revenir en haut Aller en bas